Family Promise of Gallatin Valley is committed to providing support and services to families after they graduate from our Interfaith Hospitality emergency sheltering program. We are focused on helping families engage in the local community and to ultimately reduce recidivism back into emergency shelter. Through aftercare programming, newly independent families have a resource in Family Promise to help navigate the bumps in their road to self-sufficiency, as well as celebrate their successes and achievements.
Continue a positive and healthy relationship with graduated families to maintain their independence.
Providing access to case management
- Our case manager makes regular contact with graduate families to ensure their path to self-sufficiency is clear and continual.
- Case management sessions evaluate family goals in each individualized family permanency plan.
- Our case manager provides advocacy and service coordination.
Connecting families to community resources
- Christmas Adopt-a-Family
- Tools for School
- Parenting classes, continuing education, financial coaching
Offering incentives and financial support
- In-kind assistance: diapers, food, cleaning supplies, household goods
- Birthday gifts
- Small emergency financial assistance loans
Promoting engagement with community by building a supportive and caring community
- Hosting gatherings with Family Promise volunteers
- Instilling in families a sense of volunteerism and giving back
- Family mentorship: pairing community support to foster positive relationships
Want to volunteer with our AfterCare program?
Volunteers are needed to help with family mentoring, our Tools for School program, and other needs that come up with graduate families. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-582-7388.
Want to help support Family Promise’s AfterCare program?
Needs include in-kind assistance, small birthday gift items, adopting a family during Christmas, and $25 gift cards to be used as incentives. Cash contributions to support this program are also appreciatively accepted. Annually, the Family Promise AfterCare program costs about $4,000 – $6,000 to support and maintain.